This course provides participants with the insights and skills to identify the current level of team performance and recognize what skills, tools and techniques are needed to develop an effective team. By analyzing a team building model, participants will determine what skills are needed to improve as a team.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective team
- Determine what skills are needed to improve team performance
- Understand how to monitor team effectiveness and provide feedback
- Identify areas for team and individual improvement
Outcomes of this training:
- Participants will recognize how individual behaviors can have a negative impact on team performance. They will participate in various activities and discussions to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participants will develop a team charter and create an action plan for improvement to continue team development back in the workplace.
- Participants will recognize their roles and responsibilities as a team member.
- Participants will recognize the stages of team development and how to diagnose team productivity.
- They will demonstrate how to set goals and gain agreement for commitment, how to support others, recognize opportunities for improvement, provide feedback and encouragement, suggest ideas, deal with changes, solve problems, and encourage higher levels of performance
- Participants will learn to demonstrate basic communication principles, interpersonal skills, listening and feedback skills, and how to get your point across effectively.
- Participants will determine how to value differences in others, how to resolve issues and conflicts with others, and how to remain positive in negative situations.