To oversee and guide Works Department in planning, coordinating & supervising of technical aspects of construction projects.
What You Will Do
- Preparing site reports & filling in other paper work
- Liaising with clients, sub- contractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors & the overall project manager.
- Liaising with the quantity surveyor about the ordering & negotiating the price of materials
- Checking technical designs & drawings to ensure that the are followed correctly.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications budget or time scales
- Ensuring that health & safety, sustainability policies & legislation are adhered.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Supervising both daily and contracted staff
- Set up the construction time table for the projects and develop the construction strategy.
- Develop work methodologies for quality work production.
- Prepare daily, weekly and periodical project requirements
- Coordinating, collaborating and guiding the project implementation team
- Ensure the construction project complies with all building codes and other legal or relating requirements.
Technical Competencies (qualifications, Knowledge and experience)
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related discipline from a recognized institution
4 years of work experience with at least 2-years managing several people
- Strong people management skills with the ability to manage contract staff
- Manage complex scheduling and logistics of large numbers of staff and materials
- Ability to work independently
- Strong skills MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
Demonstrable experience in the following areas;
- Project management
- Budget management
- Construction procurement
- Collaborative/partnership working
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- Confidentiality is of the highest priority in all aspects of duties performed and all communications, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with others as a cohesive team