To successfully coordinate the implementation of all building and construction works and related activities being implemented by CGTS Ltd by ensuing that proper civil engineering, contracting & construction guidelines are followed.
What You Will Do
- Oversee all aspects of planning, implementing and tracking of projects
- Proper deployment and allocation of material, labor, transport, tools and equipment in line with the Projects budgets.
- Set up the construction time table for the projects and develop the construction strategy.
- Develop work methodologies for quality work production.
- Carry out daily, weekly and periodic technical and financial performances analysis for the projects
- Coordinating, collaborating and guiding the project implementation team
- Ensure the construction project complies with all building codes and other legal or relating requirements
- Register sub-contracts and follow up sub- contract works
- Guide in preparing company competitive bids
- Prepare weekly, monthly and periodical reports for the aspects of planning, implementation and financial decisions to the management.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University preferably in Civil Engineering or Building & Construction
Post graduate certificate will be an added advantage
Must be registered with Professional Body e.g. Institute of Engineers of Uganda
6 years of work experience with at least 3 years’ experience as a manager or in a senior leadership position
- Strong people management skills with the ability to manage contract staff
- Manage complex scheduling and logistics of large numbers of staff and materials
- Ability to work independently
- Strong skills MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
Demonstrable experience in the following areas;
- Project management
- Budget management
- Construction procurement
- Collaborative/partnership working
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- Confidentiality is of the highest priority in all aspects of duties performed and all communications, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with others as a cohesive team